Are you keen eating Apples? Apple is one of the most common fruits in the market. Have you heard an apple a day keeps the doctor away? The health benefits cannot be overlooked. This easily available fruit can be the best fruit to your diet list for good health.
According to nutritional analysis, apple contains all kinds of human body essential nutrition such as amino acids, proteins, vitamins, minerals and carotene. Apples are also rich in iron, zinc and other trace elements. Pectin is soluble fibres that promote cholesterol metabolism and lower cholesterol levels to get fat out of body. Let’s discover the benefits of apples
1. Lower Cholesterol: Study showed the soluble fibres in apples bind with fats in the intestine and can increase the secretion of bile and bile function to avoid the formation of cholesterol. Therefore, people regularly eat apples that demonstrated 10% lower of cholesterol content in blood than those do not eat apples.
2. Weight Loss: Overweight are associated many health problems like heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. High dietary fibres in apples can help discharge fat and benefit on weight loss. The effect of promoting cholesteral metabolisium by apples can benefit weight loss as well. Meanwhile, apples can fulfil hunger craving but there is few calories in one apple. It is good food to add in daily diet that helps to lose weight and reduce extra pounds of fat.
3. Lower Blood Pressure: Comparing with other fruits apple contains high potassium apples can consume the excess sodium or salt in the body and help balance the body electrolytes in body metabolism. It reduces water retention to aid lower blood pressure.
4. Antiaging: Research reported that eating apples or an apple-enhanced diet can distinctly increase quercetin and vitamin C in brain cells compared with other fruits and vegetables or those on a regular diet. It also showed higher levels of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine that can be benefit for patients suffering Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, and fighting aging effects on the brain.
5. Blood Production: Under acidic conditions Iron can be better absorbed. Apple’s organic acids and acid substance with abundant vitamin C can increase utilising Iron and benefit on Iron deficiency anaemia.
6. Strengthen bones: Apple contains mineral boron and manganese. These substances can greatly increase concentrations of blood oestrogen and other compounds that can effectively prevent calcium loss. It founds the daily intake of 3g of boron in postmenopausal women can reduce the rate of calcium loss by 46%. Therefore, it is helpful to eat apples in your diet that increase calcium absorption and utilization and prevent osteoporosis among postmenopausal women.
7. Protect Heart: Several studies showed that apples can help dissolving clots in the blood vessels. Frequently east apples or take pure apple juice can reduce blood “bad cholesterol – LDL” levels and prevent arterial thrombosis. It also showed apples were associated with a lower risk of death cardiovascular disease – 40% lower heart attack among who eat an apple rich diet in European people.
8. Detox: Toxins are always getting into our body, whether they are from drinks or food. Our body needs constantly clear these toxins out. Fibres in apple can absorb excess water and pull water out of colon to keep excrement smoothly. Dietary fibres promote gastrointestinal movements that help clearing guts to discharge toxin. As a result eating apples can be the best and simplest way to detoxify the body naturally.
Let us enjoy juicy apples in all forms and health benefits. Be sure to eat apples with the peel because that’s where the healthy phytochemicals – antioxidants are concentrated.
One of the most beautiful blossoms in autumn is chrysanthemum or chamomile flowers. It has added the colourful splendour on season. Beside the attractiveness these flowers are one of extremely potent flower tea and commonly used for treating problems in traditional Chinese medicines.
Chinese people have been using dried Chrysanthemum to make drink as tea that is with an exotic flowery taste and aroma without any actual tea. The Chrysanthemum tea was recorded in details of the medicinal use on the book of “Compendium of Materia Medica” since ancient times in China, which it can clear away heat, liver toxins, expel exogenous wind-heat for treatment of sinusitis, cough, problems of digestion and eyes. It can relieve analgesic efficacy for the treatment of headache.
From a nutritional point of view, chrysanthemum mainly contains chlorogenic acid, flavonoids, carotene and 17 kinds of amino acids. It is rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron, zinc, copper, and other trace elements.
Modern medical research also confirmed that chrysanthemum can have effects to reduce blood pressure, dilate coronary arteries, increase blood flow and regulate cardiac function because of the flavones’ medicinal properties. They can help cutting down cholesterol to benefit of weight loss. The detoxification properties are considered valuable for antimicrobial activities and effects.
Chrysanthemum‘s health benefits briefly as followings:
- Eye Vision: Chrysanthemum tea does play a role in protecting eyes. It can be used for treatments like eye irritation, dry eyes and blurred vision. Many office workers can drink it to easy the symptoms, especially when your eyes felt dry and tired.
- Weight Loss: This flower tea is a naturally low in calorie and caffeine free drink. It also reduces cholesterol and fat in the body. Therefore, it is an idea drink daily for weight conscious people.
- Anti-inflammatory: Chrysanthemum is one of the best herbs on pathogenic heat that can help the body fighting against multiple viruses and bacteria and use on treatment of acne and pimples , sore throat, headache, mouth ulcers etc.
- LiverDetoxification: Chrysanthemum has high amounts of B carotene that can be converted in vitamin A to help detoxification of the liver.
- Prevent Radiation: This tea can help preventing radiation. Most office workers are in front computer all day long. Chrysanthemum tea can combat with computer radiation.
- Eliminate Eye Puffiness. Chrysanthemum tea plays a role in the elimination of oedema and be used to eliminate water retention, reduce swelling and dark circle around the eyes.
- Lower Blood Pressure: People with high blood pressure may suffer dizzy spell and headache. Drinking Chrysanthemum tea can be benefit to relieve the condition.
- Health tonic: Chrysanthemum tea can be an excellent source of antioxidants, and also a health tonic that can be everyday refreshment. It can be drunken hot in winter and cold in summer. Many people drink it for antiaging effect.In western herbal medicine chamomile tea is a well-known beverage to calm nerve and help sleeping problems. It is also a good remedy for soothing anxiety, stress, and mental fatigue.
Put 3g (about ten blossoms) dried Chrysanthemum flowers into cup, add boiled water and brew 5 minutes, then ready to drink.
Today’s Tip: Chrysanthemum tea adds Goji berries, both of which are eye medicine herbs, can enhance eye effect and have better taste.
Autumn is the period of transition from summer to winter. At the same time the weather is cooler and fluctuates often. People intend to change the dishes from salads to hot, hearty food of stew, heavy food, increase eating unwittingly, stay home more time and reduce the outdoor activities. It is not a surprise that autumn is the season when we start putting on weight unknowingly.
1 Temperature Drops:
The weather becomes cooler in autumn. Our body temperature heat falls and blood circulation becomes slow. Therefore, you may eat more to gain heat and increase body temperature heat. You may not realise overeating and increase the calorie intake significantly. If you are not careful, you can easily accumulate extra fat and fall into the autumn fat trap.
2. Body Basal Metabolic Rate Low:
Into the autumn weather turns cold. The basal metabolic rate is decreased. The body is preparing to adapt coming season – severe winter. Body begins to conserve energy, and to various forms of calories are stored as fat.
At the same time day time becomes shorter and night is longer. You may find having less energy, which will reduce physical activities and cut down calorie consumption. Undoubtedly the body will add extra pounds in weight and began to fat reserves for the winter. We’ll try to avoid this autumn fat trap.
3. Autumn depression: Autumn is going to be a wet season – more rain. Sunning days will be reduced. You will expose less amount of daily sunlight. Sometimes the weather could affect the person’s mood because the light can suppress the secretion of this hormone. You could suffer the emotional depression. Early symptoms may show feeling sleeping often and fatigue. You may look for comfort eating and easily lead to weight gain and expand your waist line.
Meditation or physical exercise can help the body to produce a series of chemicals that will help overcoming so called “autumn depression”. Beat this autumn fat trap.
4. Appetites: The weather at this time compared with the summer, is cooler but a lots produces will be harvested in this season. Facing the temptation of many delicious food people will increase appetites and taking excessive calories unconsciously. You may boost appetite to sustain body temperature heat and suit the cooler autumn weather. To avoid this vicious cycle, you can eat a little protein-rich snacks that can keep blood sugar levels stable and curb problems of craving food. Resist this autumn fat trap.
5. Reduction on Exercise: At this time body becomes sympathetic sluggish and the body relatively reduce consumption in calories. People are looking for cosy and become lazier. Therefore, it is important to have a psychological adjustment, pay attention to self-discipline and actively participate in sports. Win this autumn fat trap.
All sports are beneficial. You can just make time to walk in 30 minutes or high intensity exercise 10 minutes if you do not have time. It is a good way such as walking or physical activities. Chinese Pure Tea can help increasing blood circulation and lose weight. Massage can improve body fatigue and lift mood to restore mental and physical strength.
Tip: Set up a good weight-loss plan to lose extra pounds and avoid the dreaded autumn fat.
Autumn is a beautiful season and also a season to harvest. A wide range variety of fruits and vegetables are in this season. Some popular ones such as apple, pear, citrus, grapes and grapefruit, but also some uncommon or exotic fruits like pomegranate, kiwi, persimmon, jujube and lychee are all in season. There can be a real treat because they are more tasty and full of flavours. Fruits are beneficial in health diet and excellent for people watch their weight and want to have a slimming waist. Here are 10 types of fruits picked in autumn.
Apple: rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, polyphenols and flavonoids, which are natural antioxidants and particularly effective in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. In general apple is calcium-rich fruit and can help metabolise excess salt to help lose weight and reduce water retention.
Bananas: are tropical and subtropical fruits rich in protein, sugar, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin B6 and vitamin C, soluble fibres as well as a variety of cellulose. They also contain high levels of tryptophan, which can be converted into serotonin – happy hormone to help relieving stress and depression.
Chestnut: contains vitamin C and no cholesterol. They also contain very little unsaturated fat and no gluten. But chestnuts have twice as much starch as the potato. It is not good for someone who wants to control calories and lose weight.
Citrus fruits: is a good source of many nutrients and phytochemicals that contribute to a healthy diet. Grapefruit contain vitamin C, pectin and lycopene that are the beneficial properties of antioxidants. There is an evidence that grapefruit is able to help the body’s metabolism burning fat and support weight loss. Therefore it lists as a low glycaemic index (GI) food.
Grape: contains a variety of nutrients, such as proteins, sugar, calcium, phosphorus, carotene, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin C, vitamin P, crude fibres and 10 kinds of amino acids. In addition, fresh grapes contain plenty of water that is an excellent snack.
Kiwi Fruits: contains abundant of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, omega-3 fatty acids, and also significant levels of dietary fibres that could cause mild diarrhoea.
Lychee: an exotic fruit with a delicate fragrant, floral smell and sweet flavour is cholesterol free. They contain moderate amounts of vitamin C, copper, phosphorus, potassium and other minerals. About nine lychee fruits would provide the need of daily recommendation of vitamin C.
Pear: contains various vitamins, protein, sugar, calcium, phosphorus, iron and other minerals. The crude insoluble fibres make a good source of laxative that can help someone suffering constipation. It is beneficial to include into your health diet.
Persimmon: contains numerous nutritional ingredients like vitamin C, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, manganese and potassium. It has a balanced protein profile although they are in a low level. Persimmon has higher level of dietary fibres than apples.
Pomegranate: is excellent sources of vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, calcium, phosphorus and abundant of antioxidants. dietary fibres because the edible seeds are rich in the seed fibres and micronutrients. Some people choose to discard the seeds when they eat pomegranates, but they do not realise they will lose nutritional benefits in health diet.
Fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrition. Eating more fruits can not only improve health, but also contribute to beautiful skin.
Tip of today: The un-ripened persimmons can be indigestive and cause constipation. Therefore, do not over eat persimmon that are not good at losing weight.
Hay fever can be treated by many drugs that can relieve the symptoms: some over the counter and some need prescription. You may already experience all the drugs for your itchy eyes and running nose. But have you tried other therapies? I can tell you there are natural remedies can keep sneezing, itching and watery eyes at bay this season.
I remember one of clients is a pharmacist who had tried all the drugs surrounding him for his own condition, hay fever before he asked my help. After using Chinese Medicine he got better without other side effects. He introduced an army of patients to me every year, which gives me opportunity to help more people.
According to Chinese Medicine, hay fever is a hypersensitivity condition and can be successfully treated by Chinese herbs and acupuncture. It is usually known that this is a condition of Qi deficiency, which the body lacks essential energy and an invasion of Wind-Heat in the Lung. Chinese medicine uses acupuncture and herbal medicine to induce desensitisation of the allergic reactions. Research showed that acupuncture combined with Chinese herbs is remarkable effective. Through the treatment the improved energy and biochemical balance produced results in stimulating the body’s natural healing abilities. It can help to strengthen the body’s resistance and can regulate the body’s antigen-antibody’s reactions. This is important in helping to influence the body’s own internal regulating system and relieve hay fever and other allergic reactions such as asthma. It can achieve fairly fast and give lasting relief of hay fever symptoms such as nasal congestion, discharge, and itching. The treatments can be used before the reason or during the season. For you to be free from hay fever it’s much better if they can be treated before hay fever season to prevent all the allergic reactions.
Chinese herbal medicines, including bupleurum, magnolia derivatives, Chinese skullcap and liquorice, have been used for the treatment of hay fever. Reishi a well-known mushroom can help to modulate the immune system, clear heat and anti-allergy. Therefore it can help combat hay fever.
Chrysanthemum tea and Dandelion tea are great cooling anti-inflammatory teas which are especially good for relieving red, itchy eyes and sinus congestion. Drink a few cups day can help relieve of your hay fever symptoms. Nettle tea also helps
Pay attention of your nutrition in diet and foods. Allergies can be aggravated by certain foods such refined sugars, chemicals, growth hormones and antibiotics in our food. It is essential to avoid food as mentioned above and washing food well to reduce pollen and chemical pollution. Dark green foods are also helpful as they help to eliminate excess toxins in the body Eat more beta carotene rich foods such as the red, orange and yellow fruits and vegetables are also rich in Bioflavonoids and vitamin C. Hay fever sufferers require greater amounts of these nutrients. Drink freshly pressed orange and carrot juices and plenty of water.
Breathing exercises help to strengthen lungs and decongest nose and stop smoking cigarettes.
Obviously you can visit your doctor if the symptoms are still severe. However always use the natural ways to help yourself first! Contact me if you have any questions.
Nobody would have objection to know the secrets of eating and drinking and staying young. I think you will fall in love with it after reading our blog. Which food can help you looking younger? I need to shout loudly – Goji Berries (another name called Chinese Lycee or Wolfberry), that this wild fruits were discovered over centuries ago. In general they have been used as a remedy for boosting energy and restoration. They are also used for longevity tonic to nourish the organs in the body. Goji berries are also used to increase natural healing power for fighting against illness in Traditional Chinese Medicine. There has been a long history using them as a medicinal herb in Chinese tradition dated back thousands of years.
Recently many scientific studies showed Goji berries, these tiny tasty fruits fully packed with as much goodness as incomparable natural health-stimulating powers. One of studies is exploring one of the natural healing properties – Lycium barbarum that is polysaccharides extracted from Goji berries and can slow down the growth of cancers and reduce the incidence of cancer. This sounds untrue. Believe or not nature gives us the magical effect. (you can find more scientific info on source article).(1)
Nutritional Facts per 100 grams dried fruit; (2)
|Per 100g Serve|
|Of which sugar||41g|
|Of which Saturates||0.67g|
|Of which Polyunsaturates||1.1g|
|Of which Monounsaturates||0.47g|
|Vitamin C||Vary from 29 mg to 148 mg|
|Riboflavin (vitamin B2).||1.3 mg,|
|Polysaccharides||up to 31% of pulp weight|
They have also a fairly good source of essential fatty acids, numerous phenolic pigments (phenols) and phytosterols. Now do you believe this nutritionally-rich fruit can meet the requirements of being superfood?
Up to now you know the health benefits of Goji berries. You may say healthy food might always have dreadful taste. In contrast Goji berries are very tasty with delicious flavour and can be eaten raw or cooked. Would you add Goji berry on your shopping list after all?
Chew more Goji berries to stay young.
Eating to lose weight. You may say it’s a joke. We all know there are no secrets that the only way to lose weight is to eat less and consume more calories than your body needs.
How can Dr Shu let people not to suffer the pain of extreme diets and eat the daily normal food but also lose weight? You need to be patient and follow our expert; Dr Shu Xu will reveal her tips how to lose weight in a healthy way.
First of all you aim to eat a healthy balanced diet. Here are the tips to help you making your daily plan.
- Do not skip meals. Starving yourself will not make you slimmer. You can have a healthy routine that eating balanced foods are good for you. It is important to eat three meals a day and always have breakfast. But watch your meal portion and not over eating. Skipping meals will just make you feel more hungry all the time, make you think more about eating food. It can make you eat high sugary and high calorie fatty snack between meals. It is more likely you will overeat later in meals. You may not know it can help you slimmer if you eat every single slowly and allow you to enjoy foods gradually.
- In general the majority portion of foods in our diet is starch-based foods such as rice, pasta, grain and cereals. If we can add the wholegrains or brown rice in daily meals, which contain a good amount of dietary fibres they are better than the over-processed foods.
- Eat foods that are good for you like fruits and vegetables. Having at least five portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day to replace high calorie foods. Eating fruits and vegetables to make healthy snack instead of chocolates, cake and biscuits where possible.
- If you like to eat meat it’s better to take lean meat or poultry such as chicken, and also eat no less than 2-3 servings of fish per week. When you cook meats try to grill, bake or steam them rather than have frying dishes. If you do fry food, choose healthier oil such as sunflower, rapeseed or olive to replace of using butter.
- Cut down fatty foods, cheese or cream. Limit cream milk instead of drinking semi-skim or skim milk. This simple switch will reduce your taking thousands calorie. Avoid the foods high in fat and sugar as some take-away fast foods, chocolates and cakes.
- Reduce taking salt, not to add salt to food and avoid salty foods. Salt can increase water retention in the body and cause high blood pressure.
- NOT drink too much soft drink that high in sugar and bicarbonate. But drink plenty of water or green tea. They both will help you healthier and detox.
It’s important to exercise regularly. It helps you lose weight and get fit too.
Daily tip: It’s good to eat low-fat foods. But remember, sometimes low-fat foods and drinks such as alcohol, sugary drinks, or sweets, they are quite high in calories. It is NOT help you to lose weight.
It is a never-end topic about weight matter. Overweight and obesity become global epidemic in the last decade. Being overweight is not just bad for your waistlines or beautiful figures but also harmful your health. The overweight and obesity result in many people suffering from diabetes, heart disease, stroke and cancers.
To discuss weight management we cannot avoid talking about diets and nutrition. There are so many myths around diets around weight problems. It’s important to understand that a healthy nourish diet is the foundation for good health but the balanced calorie control is the key for keeping your normal body weight. Regardless what you eat you can still be in normal weight if you intake calories equal to your calorie consumption. It’s essential to eat fewer calories than your body used if you want to lose weight. Otherwise the excess calories will convert to fat that will add body weight.
Most people worry about overweight but people with the pathological condition Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) can be difficult to gain weight. Our natural herbal remedies can effectively help on weight management either on weight gain or on weight loss.
In general it’s easy to lose weight but it’s difficult to keep it off for life. Reaching and staying at a healthy weight is a long-term challenge. Not surprising you may tempt to find the miracle cure on shedding unwanted weight quickly. But you found you’ve added more weight back by the end of crash or suicide diet although you’ve lost some weight initially. You may be the person who has tried one type of diet and turned to another type of diet but the belly is continually expanding. Nothing is more frustrating than that you tried and not worked. We understand your situation and take the holistic approach to help you achieve your goals.
The following questions can help you and also us to know you better. Are you
- Looking for steady weight loss and keep it off forever.
- Loving eating and cannot control your craving for chocolates or cakes.
- Having tried numerous diets without success and still struggling with weight issues.
- Being Busy work or at home but there is no time to exercise.
- Looking to detoxify and cleanse your body and lose fat.
- Lacking of body shape after losing weight and need to reshape it.
- Being Hard to gain or obtain body weight and tired easily.
If your answer is “YES” you can join our programmes to improve health and keep fit.
Our programmes focus on a holistic approach by sensible weight loss solutions. We apply both the principles of Chinese Medicine and scientifically proven natural products to help you to achieve your goals. They include reducing fat, detoxing, increasing body metabolism, suppressing appetite, optimising nutrition supplement, improving muscle and skin strength. They can provide benefits on your health and trim your body to be more beautiful and sexier. Our aims are to help you eating your way to still shed pounds to get the body you’ve always wanted. But there is nothing can substitute the combination of a healthy lifestyle and regular exercise to get the best results.
Daily Tip: Drink plenty of water
Drink plenty of water every day. Our body needs a lot of water for rehydration.
Water is not just a way to flush out toxin to help detoxing but also rehydrate body cells especially skin cells to prevent wrinkles. You may find it can supress your appetite after drinking water.
The best thing about water is that there is no calorie at all. You can drink as much as you like.
Some of the side effects that you might expect from taking isotretinion include nose-bleeds and dry skin. Also, this drug is not to be taken by pregnant women, as it has been known to cause birth defects.
Although unconfirmed, it has also been linked to causing depression, and, in some other cases, liver damage.
As you can probably now see, it really is something that is that little bit ‘extra’ and far more powerful and convincing than other acne treatments. If you’re really serious about treating a severe case of acne, then it could be just the thing that you need.
But you’ll need to commit to regular appointments and checkups with a dermatologist, and be willing to accept the possibility of side effects.
Once you start this drug, you may notice an initial ‘flare up’ of acne, that is worse than anything that you’ve had before. Don’t worry though – it is completely natural.
Subsequently, over the course of a few months, you should begin to see improvements, until eventually your acne is at a much more manageable level, or completely gone.
Be sure to talk to your doctor very carefully about the risks of taking isotretinoin. Yes, it is a great acne cure, but you don’t want to end up facing much larger problems as a result of taking it.